New Commercial Construction and Remodeling Opportunities in Erie, Colorado
Over the past few years, Erie, CO has seen tremendous growth in its population, transforming it from a small town to a sprawling urban center. Homeowners are attracted by the gorgeous natural scenery, numerous outdoor activities, and the eclectic, vibrant atmosphere. In the city's retail sections, new businesses are going up all the time - strip malls, grocery stores, breweries and coffee shops, to name a few. If you are a business owner looking to relocate or expand, Erie offers plenty of opportunities for growth and commercial construction.
New Commercial Construction Vs. Remodeling
When your business outgrows its current space or you are looking to expand into new markets, you as the owner have some choices to make. Should you start your building from the ground up or renovate an existing structure? Either way, there are advantages. At Blue Spruce Construction, we have the years of professional experience in new construction and commercial renovations that make us the leaders in Erie and surrounding areas, including Louisville, Lafayette, Boulder, and Longmont. By including us in your pre-planning we can offer invaluable feedback that will give you the insights you need to make a sound decision about your expansion.
Factors to Consider In Commercial Construction
- Budget - Never assume that building a new facility is more expensive than remodeling an existing structure. There are many factors involved in the comparison, and we can walk you through the process. When an older building requires retrofitting to come up to compliance with building codes the costs can get out of hand. However, small upgrades to a relatively modern building can be quite cost-efficient. Before you make a commitment, get a quote for the project and then decide if a new build or a remodel fits your current budget.
- Return On Investment - Expanding your business requires an initial cash outlay, and for the sake of your bottom line, know ahead of time how much money your construction project will yield in terms of future savings and profits. For example, if you own a restaurant, the cost for expanding your building to allow for more seating should be offset by the increase in patronage and sales. Changes to the structure of your building will have varying degrees of impact on your finances. This is a topic of discussion we can have with you in the planning stages for your commercial construction project.
- Timeline - In your expansion plan, it's important to have a projection for your opening date, and it has to be realistic. A new commercial build can take up to several months, depending on the complexity of the project. A remodel can happen sooner, within weeks to months, but you must include factors such as whether or not the space will be occupied while the work is happening. With a new build, construction can be ongoing, but with a renovation it might be limited to weekends and evenings. We are happy to review the in's and out's of timing your project to give you the best advantages.
- Sustainability - In Erie, CO sustainability and "green" practices are a high priority. In a new build, energy saving strategies can be easily be incorporated into the design, but in general, building a brand new property creates more carbon emissions than remodeling an existing structure. Depending on the current condition of a pre-existing structure, bringing it up to energy-efficient standards may be financially viable or not. We are a LEED-certified commercial building contractor. You can rely on our extensive knowledge and background to determine the best course of action for maintaining a low carbon footprint.
Imparting Brand Awareness Through Your Commercial Facility
Whether you are a small business, a large corporation, a restaurant or a nonprofit, the look and feel of your building makes a lasting impression in the minds of your clients and the general public. People make determinations about the quality of the business you operate based on the conditions of your office or facility. It's important that your business brand and culture are carried through to the walls and decor people see when they enter your establishment.
Incorporating your company's brand into your building design sets it apart and presents an underlying, albeit unspoken message. What is it you wish to achieve when your customers enter your office or place of business? These concepts can be translated into the environment through the design and decor and your commercial space. For example:
- Friendly, welcoming, receptive
- Innovative, state of the art, technically advanced
- Comfortable, yet forward thinking with limitless possibilities
- Traditional austerity and assurance
- Fun, entertaining and creative - engaging to the senses
- Reliable, trustworthy, solid
- Superior quality, outstanding ethics, impeccable results
- Shining star cutting a new path to the future
A Great Work Environment Increases Productivity
An efficiently designed work space leads to higher employee retention and productivity. When the quality of their working environment adds to the enthusiasm of your staff, your Erie, Colorado company can only gain. It is a long term investment in your company, and one that will help you attract exceptional new talent.
The Trusted Erie, Colorado Commercial Contractor
We are a local commercial contractor, which puts us on the leading edge of the latest trends in the Erie, CO marketplace. This is the ideal time for new businesses, restaurants and nonprofits to build - the boom in commerce makes it an attractive hub for products and services in demand.
At Blue Spruce Construction, we pride ourselves in our absolute understanding of the city building codes and regulations. This guarantees a smooth process for obtaining permits and inspections from start to finish.
From pre-planning to breaking ground to the grand opening of your facility, we provide the expertise and quality craftsmanship to make you look your best. We practice open transparency to ensure you are always in the know.
Contact The Commercial Construction Professionals in Erie, CO
When it comes to new commercial construction or remodels, you are in the best hands with our team of industry leaders. Contact us today to get started on the plan for a commercial space that will match your company standards for integrity and excellence.